Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Sauce is the Boss

La Rosita
336 Pearl St.
New Albany, IN


Today the luck of the draw took the Lunch Pail gang on an adventure north of the border (southern Indiana) to La Rosita for a little south of the border flavor. This was my first time at the new location on Pearl Street. Although, it was lacking some of the charm of the original location, the new space was nice and large enough to accommodate bigger groups and most importantly now has a fully stocked bar.

The Lunch Pail Gang (LPG) started with and order of chips and salsa. The chips at La Rosita are not complementary, but at a mere $2.50 it is definitely a must! The chips arrived quickly and were light, crispy, and perfectly seasoned. The real star here, though, was the sauce. With an order of chips you receive your choice of 4 sauces; guacamole, mild salsa, a chipotle barbeque salsa, and habanero salsa.

I spent most of the rest of the lunch trying to figure out how I was going to sneak these four bottles of deliciousness out of there in my small clutch purse, but had a change of heart when realized this is definitely a place I would want to return to.

My entrée was the La Rosita Burrito which was filled with rice, whole black beans, cilantro, sour cream, and a choice of chicken or steak. I opted for the chicken while Man 2 went for the steak. The burrito was massive, and as much I wanted to finish every bite I was only able to finish half, Man 2 powered through, but we both agreed that next time we should probably share a burrito. Man 1, however, was not on board with this plan because he was the one who got to take the other half of my burrito home for dinner.

La Rosita is hands down one of the best authentic Mexican restaurants I’ve been too and it is definitely worth a trip across the river. We are already planning another trip for happy hour to determine if the Margaritas are as good as the food.

1 comment:

  1. Did the glasses and fab hair come with the dinner, or are they just offering complimentary "paint" accessories at La Rosita these days? ;)

    ReplyDelete